This variety-packed short break in Reykjavik gives you a great intro to Iceland’s unique culture and nature with guided day tours in both the city and surrounding countryside. Along with a relaxing break at the famous Blue Lagoon, you’ll visit Þingvellir National Park, the Gullfoss waterfall, gurgling hot springs and geysers, the Icelandic Parliament and more. Perfect for first-time visitors to Iceland!
Day 1: Welcome to ReykjavikArrive at Keflavik International Airport in Iceland and take the airport shuttle bus to your accommodation in central Reykjavik. After settling in, spend the rest of the afternoon or evening exploring the city center as you wish. Downtown Reykjavik offers a wide array of shops, museums, art galleries, coffee houses, restaurants, bars and live music venues to suit any tastes.
Spend the next 3 nights in central Reykjavik.
Day 2: Sightseeing in the Capital CityEnjoy a sightseeing tour of the capital area, including visits to the presidential residence at Bessastaðir, Perlan (“the Pearl”) and Höfði, the setting of the 1986 summit meeting between Ronald Reagan and Mikhail Gorbachev. Other stops include the old harbor, the towering Hallgrimskirkja church and Alþingi, the Icelandic Parliament. This excursion also takes you to Hafnarfjörður, the small neighboring “lava town” said to be inhabited by elves.
Afterwards, spend the rest of the day at your leisure.
Day 3: Experience the Golden CircleLearn about Iceland´s unique geology and history with a guided bus tour around the popular “Golden Circle” route. Here, you will visit some of Iceland’s top attractions, including Þingvellir National Park, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site, the great Geysir geothermal area with its spouting geyser and steaming hot springs and Gullfoss, considered one of Iceland’s most beautiful waterfalls. On return to Reykjavik, the tour also makes a stop at the historical site of Skálholt, the ancient seat of Iceland’s bishops and a major political and cultural center throughout the Middle Ages.
Day 4: Blue Lagoon Spa & DepartureBefore heading home today, enjoy a relaxing break at the Blue Lagoon, a geothermal spa known for its healing mineral-rich waters surrounded by jet-black basalt lava—a perfect way to end your city break! From there, take the shuttle bus onwards to Keflavík Airport for your departure flight.
Note: If your flight is in the morning, we can change your travel itinerary accordingly.
Availability of accommodationPlease note: Prices are based on the availability of accommodation. In the unlikely event that an accommodation in your preferred category is not available at the time of booking, your travel consultant may need to book an alternative accommodation in the next available category, which could result in a higher package price. If you choose not to accept the alternative, we would instead offer you a full refund of the package and cancel the booking.
PRICES & BOOKING INFORMATIONAll prices listed are per person and in Euros (EUR).
To check availability and prices of room combinations other than what is listed below, click book now. If you do not find prices for your ideal room combination then please contact us with your requirements and full details of your party.
PRICES: From 1 May to 30 September
|1 Adult||2 Adults||3 Adults||4 Adults|
|Guesthouse Snorri or similar (Simple)||€ 444||€ 344||€ 340||€ 344|
|Hotel Frón or similar (Standard)||€ 595||€ 418||€ 372||€ 418|
|Hotel Klettur or similar (Comfort)||€ 615||€ 444||€ 408||€ 444|
|Hotel Borg or similar (Quality)||€ 917||€ 663||€ 647||€ 663|
- Children age 0 – 2: Please contact travel agent for details
- Children age 3-11: Please contact travel agent for details
- Children age 12+: Full price
- 1 Person = Single room
- 2 Sharing = One twin/double room
- 3 Sharing = Triple room
- 4 Sharing = Two twin/double rooms
Booking and confirmationAfter booking a holiday package with Icelandguest.com, you will be contacted by email within two working days by your designated travel consultant, who will assist with your booking and serve as your point of contact for any travel needs during your stay. The email will include the full name and direct contact information for your travel consultant along with information about your booking, payment and what to expect during your holiday.
We recommend booking at least three weeks in advance.
Travel DocumentsFor all bookings, we provide the following travel documents:
- Pro-forma and confirmation invoices
- Booking overview with information about all your services in Iceland
- Electronic vouchers for each of your services
- Full itinerary
Delivery of travel documentsTravel documents will be delivered as follows:
- At time of deposit payment: You will receive the pro-forma invoice by email
- Within 30 days of deposit payment: You will receive the full itinerary by email
- At time of full payment: You will receive the confirmation invoice and all vouchers by email
- 3 nights' accommodation (simple/standard/comfort/quality) in Reykjavik, breakfast included
- Bus transfer from Keflavik Airport to Reykjavik on arrival
- Guided Reykjavík sightseeing bus tour (2.5 hours)
- Guided Golden Circle bus tour (8.5 hours)
- Entrance to Blue Lagoon & Keflavík Airport bus transfer on departure
- Detailed itinerary sent by PDF
- 24-hour emergency service
- Taxes and service fee
- Flight to/from Iceland
- Meals and drinks at restaurants (unless otherwise stated)
- Luggage storage at Blue Lagoon (3 EUR per bag)
- Optional activities – can be added on request
- Personal travel insurance
- Any other services not listed above in „Included“
We're here to help! Please don't hesitate to contact us. A travel consultant will reply to your inquiry within one business day.