Highland Jeep Safari
Day 1: Welcome to Reykjavik!Arrive to Keflavik Airport in Iceland and transfer by Flybus to Reykjavik. After settling in, use the rest of the day to explore your surroundings at your leisure. This cosmopolitan yet friendly capital city has something for everyone: a vibrant nightlife and live music scene, charming boutiques with local designs and a great selection of art galleries and museums. The city center also boasts a wide array of cozy coffee houses and restaurants that are sure to tempt your taste buds.
Spend the night in central Reykjavik.
Day 2: Golden Circle & the HighlandsAfter your pick up and briefing in Reykjavik, our super jeep adventure begins! As we head east, we’ll make some stops along the famous Golden Circle route, starting at Þingvellir National Park, site of Iceland’s ancient assembly grounds and continental drift. Further along, we’ll see the Strokkur geyser as it spouts super-heated water high into the air at the Geysir geothermal area before paying a visit to the “Golden Waterfall”, Gullfoss.
After lunch, we’ll take our mighty jeeps off the beaten path and up to into the central Highlands through the Þjórsádalur valley. On our way, we’ll stop at Háifoss, one of Iceland’s highest waterfalls, and Þjóðveldisbær, a restored Viking house, before powering into the highlands towards the Landmannalaugar wilderness area. There, you have the unique opportunity to bath in some natural thermal pools before enjoying a hearty barbeque feast prepared by the guide.
Spend the night in a mountain hut in the Landmannalaugar area.
Day 3: Glaciers to LobstersLeaving Landmannalaugar today, our drive takes us past the Hekla volcano and Eyjafjallajökull glacier on our way to the tongue of the Sólheimajökull glacier. There, we’ll slip our feet into crampons for an exhilarating glacier hike and ice climbing excursion. Afterwards, we’ll make stops at the picture-perfect Skógafoss waterfall and the Seljalandsfoss waterfall, where we can follow a short walking path behind the cascade. Before returning to Reykjavik, we’ll take a short detour to the coastal village of Eyrarbakki for an exquisite lobster dinner at a seaside restaurant.
Spend the night in central Reykjavik.
Note: The dinner at Eyrarbakki is not included in the price.
Day 4: A Warm Send-offGuests departing on an afternoon flight will have time to relax at the spectacular Blue Lagoon, a geothermal spa famous for its healing mineral-rich waters and unique lava surroundings—a perfect way to end your short stopover in Iceland! From the Blue Lagoon, the Flybus will take you onwards to Keflavik Airport.
Note: if your flight is in the morning, we‘ll adjust your itinerary accordingly.
About the mountain hutsThe mountain huts in the Landmannalaugar are simple but cozy. All are heated and hot showers are available in shared men‘s or women‘s bathroom facilities in separate buildings. Guests sleep in single or twin bunk beds in shared dormitories. If a hut is fully booked, single participants may need to share a double bunk with other persons (although this is uncommon).
Availability of accommodationPlease note that although we have included specific accommodations within our holiday packages, these may be subject to change. If we are unable to obtain confirmation from the supplier we reserve the right to substitute a named property in the same locality for one of a similar standard or higher, and we will ensure that our clients are notified in advance of the departure date. If you do not accept the alternative offered, you must advise us in writing within seven days from the time you have received your full itinerary with details of all confirmed services and accommodations.
PRICES & BOOKING INFORMATIONAll prices listed are per person and in Euros (EUR).
To check availability and prices of room combinations other than what is listed below, click book now. If you do not find prices for your ideal room combination then please contact us with your requirements and full details of your party.
High Season PRICES: From 1 May to 30 September 2012
Low Season PRICES: From 1 October 2012 to 30 April 2013
- Children age 0 – 2: Please contact travel agent for details
- Children age 3-11: Please contact travel agent for details
- Children age 12+: Full price
- 1 Person = Single room
- 2 Sharing = One twin/double room
- 3 Sharing = Triple room
- 4 Sharing = Two twin/double rooms
- The evening dinner on Day 2 at Eyrarbakki is not included in the price of the package. A typical two-course meals cost on average 5,500 ISK to 8,500 ISK per person excluding drinks. The restaurant except all major credit cards.
Booking and confirmationAfter booking a holiday package with Icelandguest.com, you will be contacted within two working days by your designated travel consultant, who will assist with your booking and serve as your point of contact for any travel needs during your stay.
You will receive the full name and direct contact information for your travel consultant along with information about your booking, payment and what to expect during your holiday. If you are paying by credit card, no payment will be deducted from your credit card until you have been contacted by your travel consultant.
We recommend booking at least three weeks in advance.
Travel DocumentsFor all bookings, we provide the following travel documents:
- Pro-forma and confirmation invoices
- Booking overview with information about all your services in Iceland
- Electronic vouchers for each of your services
- Full itinerary
Delivery of travel documentsTravel documents will be delivered as follows:
- At time of deposit payment: You will receive the pro-forma invoice by email
- Within 30 days of deposit payment: You will receive the full itinerary by email
- At time of full payment: You will receive the confirmation invoice and all vouchers by email
- 2 nights’ accommodation (simple/standard) in Reykjavik, breakfast included
- 1 night accommodation in a mountain hut, breakfast included & sleeping bags available
- Transfer from Keflavik Airport to Reykjavik via Flybus on arrival
- 2-day guided super-jeep safari
- Guided glacier hiking & ice climbing tour at Sólheimajökull glacier
- Full-board from Day 2 to Day 3 (except for dinner on Day 2, see “Other” for details)
- Blue Lagoon & Keflavík Airport transfer via Flybus on departure (entrance fee included)
- Detailed itinerary sent by PDF
- 24-hour emergency service
- Taxes and service fee
- Flight to/from Iceland
- Meals and drinks at restaurants (unless otherwise stated)
- Personal travel insurance
We're here to help! Please don't hesitate to contact us. A travel consultant will reply to your inquiry within one business day.