Cultural ReykjavikGet a taste of Icelandic culture with this short city break in Reykjavik, Iceland's small yet cosmopolitan capital. With a combination of planned activities and plenty of free time, you'll get a firsthand experience of what makes this nation tick. Explore Reykjavik's colorful, historic city center and its popular local hangouts, ride a horse through the countryside where Vikings once roamed, visit the ancient site of Iceland's first Parliament, challenge your taste buds with traditional delicacies and much more!
Day 1: Welcome to ReykjavikArrive to Keflavik Airport in Iceland and take the Flybus shuttle to your accommodation in central Reykjavik. After settling in, spend the rest of the afternoon or evening exploring the city center as you wish. Downtown Reykjavik offers a wide array of shops, museums, restaurants, bars and live music venues to give you an introduction to the local culture.
Spend the next 3 nights in central Reykjavik.
Day 2: Horses & City SightseeingSpend the first part of your day getting to know the the friendly, sure-footed Icelandic horse at a local farm, where you'll embark on a gentle ride through the beautiful and historic countryside of South Iceland. No prior horse riding experience is necessary.
Afterwards, get to know Reykjavik with a guided sightseeing tour that indulges all the senses! You'll get to explore the natural surroundings of the city's outskirts as well as the unique sights of the city center with a walk through the narrow alleys and winding lanes. Along the way, you'll be treated to samples of traditional Icelandic delicacies as well as fresh treats from the city's old harbor, the tour's final stop.
Day 3: The Golden CircleEnjoy the morning relaxing or exploring the city center as you wish. After lunch, you'll get to experience some of the best-known natural phenomena in Iceland on the famous Golden Circle route. This guided bus tour takes you to some of Iceland’s most notable sights, such as Þingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site, Gullfoss waterfall, the spouting hot springs at the great Geysir geothermal area and the dormant Kerið caldera.
Day 4: Blue Lagoon & DepartureBefore heading home today, enjoy a relaxing break at the Blue Lagoon, a geothermal spa famous for its healing mineral-rich waters surrounded by jet-black basalt lava—a perfect way to end your city break! From there, head to Keflavík Airport via the Flybus shuttle.
Note: If your flight is in the morning, we can change your travel itinerary accordingly.
Availability of accommodationPlease note: Prices are based on availability of accommodation. In the unlikely event that accommodation in your preferred category (e.g., standard, comfort, etc.) is not available at the time of booking, your travel consultant may need to book accommodation in the next available category, which would result in a higher package price. No charges will be made to your credit card until you have been contacted by your travel consultant.
PRICES & BOOKING INFORMATIONAll prices listed are per person and in Euros (EUR).
To check availability and prices of room combinations other than what is listed below, click book now. If you do not find prices for your ideal room combination then please contact us with your requirements and full details of your party.
High Season PRICES: From 1 May to 30 September 2012
Low Season PRICES: From 1 October 2012 to 30 April 2013
- Children age 0 – 2: Please contact travel agent for details
- Children age 3-11: Please contact travel agent for details
- Children age 12+: Full price
- 1 Person = Single room
- 2 Sharing = One twin/double room
- 3 Sharing = Triple room
- 4 Sharing = Two twin/double rooms
Booking and confirmationAfter booking a holiday package with Icelandguest.com, you will be contacted within two working days by your designated travel consultant, who will assist with your booking and serve as your point of contact for any travel needs during your stay.
You will receive the full name and direct contact information for your travel consultant along with information about your booking, payment and what to expect during your holiday. If you are paying by credit card, no payment will be deducted from your credit card until you have been contacted by your travel consultant.
We recommend booking at least three weeks in advance.
Travel DocumentsFor all bookings, we provide the following travel documents:
- Pro-forma and confirmation invoices
- Booking overview with information about all your services in Iceland
- Electronic vouchers for each of your services
- Full itinerary
Delivery of travel documentsTravel documents will be delivered as follows:
- At time of deposit payment: You will receive the pro-forma invoice by email
- Within 30 days of deposit payment: You will receive the full itinerary by email
- At time of full payment: You will receive the confirmation invoice and all vouchers by email
- 3 nights' accommodation (simple/standard/comfort/quality/luxury) in Reykjavik, breakfast included
- Transfer from Keflavik Airport to Reykjavik via Flybus on arrival
- Guided horseback riding tour
- Guided Reykjavík sightseeing walking tour, includes samples of Icelandic foods
- Guided Golden Circle Express bus tour
- Blue Lagoon & Keflavík Airport transfer via Flybus on departure (entrance fee included)
- Detailed itinerary sent by PDF
- 24-hour emergency service
- Taxes and service fee
- Flight to/from Iceland
- Meals and drinks at restaurants (unless otherwise stated)
- Personal travel insurance
We're here to help! Please don't hesitate to contact us. A travel consultant will reply to your inquiry within one business day.